The big event that is an iconic moment of the carnival is back.
Date: Sunday 9th July
Fill in the application form below to register to take part in the event.
For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read through the below information prior to application. By applying for the event you agree to the condition that all team members have read the rules and safety instructions prior to the day.
Tug Of War Rules
The competition will commence with the command from the judge `Pick up the rope`, then `take the strain`, thereupon the two teams move back until the rope is taught and the judge inserts the marker flag opposite the central marker on the rope. The teams lean back on the rope and the judge gives the command ` Pull` whereupon the two teams then pull with all their strength. The length of the pull will be 12 feet which are measured by two markers on the rope each six feet from the centre. When either mark passes the stick placed in the ground by the judge at the central point of the rope when starting the competition, the other side has won that match.
- Teams to consist of six members
- No spiked footwear. Raised heels up to a maximum of ¼ inch (7mm) allowed on footwear (to be inspected)
- Gloves may be worn
- Overall pull to be 12 feet and the winner is the team to pull their opposition 6 feet from the starting mark.
- No hand over hand pulling allowed. Team members must go back with the rope when pulling.
- Anchorman to loop the rope around one shoulder to secure the rope. No knot is permitted on the rope end.
- All team members to remain on their feet at all times, no hands are persistently allowed on the ground apart from the anchorman who is permitted to use one hand on the ground.
- Teams through coaches or captains will be reminded of the rules prior to the commencement of the competition. Only coaches can consult with the judge and the judge’s decision is final.
- The direction of pull will be decided by the toss of a coin.
- Prior to commencement of pull, the judge will ask teams if they are ready, then give the command `take the strain`, at this point team members may heel in, when teams are balanced, order to `pull`, is given and the match has commenced.
- Teams will leave the area of competition during matches in which they are not involved.
- Two warnings for infringements of the rules or inappropriate behaviour will be given. A further warning will result in disqualification.
Wrapping the rope around the arm can result in a broken bone and loss of blood flow. Wrapping the rope around the wrong part of the body can cause internal injury, and wrapping it around the neck is very dangerous.
Spikes and studs in the footwear can cause injury when a pull collapses. They can also cause strains and breaks if the feet get stuck in the ground. Visit bästaonlinecasino – nya casinon for more information.